Mobile Phones Bad Credit – find the right method to get the phone handset and best contract you want, even if you have some bad credit.
The well known names in mobile phones might not be your best options if you have some adverse credit lurking. Going directly to the main UK networks like O2, EE, Vodafone, Three, etc. is not advised, as they will carry out a full and in depth credit search on you.
However, there are other options and avenues that you can explore to get the deal you want.
If you’re looking for a new mobile phone contract, but have bad credit, you may feel like you’re out of options. However, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of getting approved. In this section, we’ll share some tips on how to get a mobile phone contract with bad credit.
1. The first step is to check your credit score and report. This will give you an idea of where you stand and what lenders are likely to view you as a high-risk customer. You can get a free copy of your credit report from one of the major credit reporting agencies, such as Experian or Equifax.
2. Improve your credit score If your credit score is on the low side, there are a few things you can do to improve it. One option is to make all of your payments on time for at least six months before applying for a new contract. Additionally, you can try to pay down any outstanding debts you have so that your debt-to-credit ratio improves.
3. Consider a pre-paid phone if you’re having trouble getting approved for a traditional mobile phone contract. With this type of plan, you’ll pay for your minutes, texts, and data upfront each month instead of after using them. As such, there’s no need for a credit check when signing up for this type of service.
4. If you’re still having trouble getting approved for a mobile phone contract, one final option is to find a co-signer. A co-signer is someone who agrees to be responsible for your debt if you default on your payments. This can increase your chances of getting approved for a contract, as the phone company will have another person to turn to if you fail to make your payments.
5. Now that you know some tips on how to get a mobile phone contract with bad credit, it’s time to start applying. Be sure to compare different offers from different companies before choosing one so that you can find the best possible deal.
Applying for a mobile phone contract with bad credit can be a challenge, but it’s not impossible. By following the tips above, you can increase your chances of getting approved and find a plan that fits your needs.
Look further at mobile phones for bad credit: